Friday, May 05, 2006

A Room of My Own

The Woman got me a blue carp and some sweets, and fishy-tasting yummy treats made to look like animals and pretty shapes. Today is Boy Bears' Day!
I told her I'd like my own room, and she was flabbergasted at me. "Alice and I share a room, where shall we put you? The closet, or the cupboard, like Harry Potter?"
"Your bunk is only half under Alice's," I pointed out the obvious to her, "like a backwards 'L'. There's that desk under where she puts her head; you and she never use it. But there's room for me to have a few things. I want that. You can keep your water glass and alarm clock on there, and keep the emergency inhaler in the pull-out drawer."
"That's a very good idea, Friday." she said, after a moment's thought. Of course it is, I'm a highly intelligent bear.
So that is how I got some Real Estate for my Boys' Day present!
Now I need furniture and decorations for my walls!

9 Comments:

Blogger bbmag said...

mmm... a bear with brains and negotiation skills... a rarity...

belated happy boys' day :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Friday said...

Thank you, Dear Auntie.
Today I am wearing: aloha print surfing shorts, and flower lei around my head and neck. And roller skates.

I am devastatingly handsome today, That Woman says. I concur.

12:27 PM  
Blogger flowerbossa said...

Hi, Friday!

This is auntie flowerbossa from the faraway land of Japan.

The other day, I started to watch
"The Hours" and found it so depressing that I stopped in the middle. The actresses were great (I didn't realize that was Nicole Kidman, I thought it was Holly Hunter), but it didn' quite suit my mood.

Hope you are getting along well with Alice.

6:47 AM  
Blogger bbmag said...

and here i am, thinking you're devastatingly handsome everyday :p

11:36 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Friday said...

Alice picked me up and rocks me like a baby and says nice things to me when she thinks her mom isn't looking. Her mom saw at the doorway and tiptoed back out of the room with a smile.

I really do think That Woman is insane.

Auntie bb: you have exquisite taste!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi Friday, you're always devastatingly handsome, like your daddy.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Friday said...

Cher Auntie:

Vous etes en droit. Je t'aime!

4:56 PM  
Blogger bbmag said...

whoa... friday speaks french too?!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home