Saturday, July 15, 2006

What's not to love?

I communicated with someone today who wasn't very nice to me. I was very surprised by it.

"Not everyone is gonna love you, Friday." said Mommy.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No." she said. "Sometimes people just don't like you, and there's no real reason why. It hurts, but there's really nothing you can do about it, just be the best you that you can be. When I went to Korea, I tried my best, but later, still heard that some people there thought I was awful and horrible. I was very sad and sorry about it, but I know that I did my best, and that, in the end, is what counts."

I couldn't think of anything to say, but she brushed me and cuddled me and told me that she loved me enough for every other person in the whole world put together, and that my Aunties and sister Alice loved me a lot, too.

I felt much better after that.

Tomorrow, we will go to the Korean Festival in Kapiolani Park. Mommy volunteered us for the Cultural Booth. We will explain about masks and wedding clothes and other things. Mrs. Koga put up a big poster of Daddy, so Mommy and I will have something beautiful to look at all day. Mommy finally fits into her Winter Sonata green shirt that was too small. She will wear it. She promised some Aunties in Korea that she would have her photograph taken in hanbok. I will try not to laugh when I see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger flowerbossa said...

Friday!

You and your mommy look great!

BUT,
you must've been HOT in that jacket daddy gave us!

Write again soon!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Friday said...

Oh! Sebastian looks so handsome, is that a yukata?

I was not hot, Mommy kept me in the shade and I had a nice, cool breeze on me at all times.

I saw many dances, including someone dressed up as a crane, because Mommy placed me at the entrance to the tent, and I could see the stage and greet all visitors. I had my photograph taken many times, and I was on the television news!

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home